Text interpretation activity, aimed at students in the third or fourth year of elementary school, with questions about the text Bravo, firefighters!
This Portuguese activity is available for download in an editable Word template, ready to print in PDF and also the completed activity.
Download this Portuguese exercise at:
On the riverbank, the little elephants have a fun contest.
– Whoever goes further wins! - says Polo.
- Are ready?
– Ready! - Answer your companions.
And pluff! The little elephants dip their trunks in the water, inhale a lot and Pschitt! Splash all the water as far as possible...
Suddenly, they hear the shrieks of a vulture above them.
– come quickly! – he says. – The village is on fire!
Houses will burn!
This time, Polo and company don't play anymore. They dip their trunks again, suck up a lot of water and run to the village.
- Alive! – exclaim the residents. – You saved our homes!
The little elephants are very happy: they really helped and, in addition, they received a lot of plants to eat as a reward!
1) What do the little elephants do on the riverbank?
2) What does Polo say?
3) After saying they were ready, what did the little elephants do?
4) Suddenly, what do the little elephants hear?
5) What do Polo and his friends do when they learn that the village is on fire?
6) What do residents say to them?
7) How do the little elephants feel?
8) What do they get as a reward?
By Camila Farias
At answers are in the link above the header.report this ad