History activity, aimed at third-year high school students, with questions developed about the end of the Cold War and the Soviet Union.
You can download this story activity in editable Word template, ready to print to PDF and also the answered activity.
Download this history exercise from:
1) In the mid-1950s, the United States and the Soviet Union already had a large arsenal of weapons. This technological competition involved high costs, which caused
a) Problems for the US economy
b) Serious economic turmoil in the Soviet Union
c) Increase in the Soviet economy
d) Growing popular support in the United States
2) As the Soviet government did not have the resources to remain in the dispute, it took an unprecedented stance: it proposed the disarmament and expansion of peace talks with the Americans. This geopolitical reorganization was the result of reforms adopted by Mikhail Gorbatchev, summarized in two guidelines
a) Political transparency and economic restructuring or reconstruction
b) Social organization and political reconstruction
c) Economic transparency and political organization
d) Cultural reconstruction and political transformations
3) With power weakened, the Soviet government was no longer able to maintain control over the republics that made up the bloc or over the political paths of its allies in Eastern Europe. In this context, an event became the symbol of the end of the bipolarization of world power, which was
a) European Regional Seminar
b) United Nations Conference
c) Soviet occupation of Afghanistan
d) The fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
4) In the years following 1989, several Soviet republics declared independence, supported by:
a) Soviet political power
b) Political event that took place in the United States
c) Desire for political autonomy of a large part of its population
d) coup d'etat
5) In August 1991, a political event that occurred in Russia accelerated this process, the most conservative forces of the PUCS led an attempted coup d'état, removing Gorbachev from power. What was the goal and what was the result?
Per Camila Farias.
At answers are in the link above the header.report this ad